Friday, January 2, 2009

Saban Sabotaged...

"Yeah...we went 12-0, too...only we're from a real conference."

Thanks, Nick Saban, the biggest snake in sports. You were completely outcoached by a coach in a conference that has not achieved the status of "real." Congratulations. You just had it handed to you.

In 2004, there were 2 other unbeaten teams (USC & Auburn), so you couldn't make a case for Utah being #1. This year, however, there remains only one unbeaten team--a team who beat 4 teams in the top 25 including the team who spent the most time as #1 and whose only other loss was to Florida in the SEC championship game. I really think (and I don't think this is me being a homer) that Utah has a legitimate claim for a shared national championship like they did with LSU and USC in 2003. Until there's a playoff, though, we'll never really know who the national champions are...and that's pretty unfortunate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Meanwhile, in Urban's secret lair:

"Great game, Kyle, no really, I told you, I told you way back in '04, Giant Balls win football games. When I played Saban, it was obvious his balls were raisins. Welcome to the Big Balls club, Kyle, you deserve it!"

Unknown said...

Dude.
I just can't stop thinking about that game.
I'm a huge dork about it right, now, but it was so amazing on so many levels.

I wish your punk-ass was taking some classes this semester so I could tap your dorkiness as well.

Just spectacular.
Saban is a little beyotch now. K-Whit is balls!!

Stivens said...

Great game, I would have loved to see them play either FLorida or USC this year, too bad the only "case" for a championship that the people in charge care about is a briefcase full of money.
I hate to damage your street cred like this but, Go Cardinals!