Monday, December 22, 2008

Worst Commercial...EVER!!!

I'm not a negative person. I'm really not. However, I find that my last few posts have been somewhat negative and cynical. Trouble is, I feel the need to share with you one more cynical view I have...this one has to do with advertising. I quite possibly have seen the worst commercial ever in the history of advertising. Believe me, there are some bad ones, but this may take all. I have boycotted franchises such as Wendy's and Sears for some horribly cheesy commercials, but this may be worse.

I call this commercial "The Tricky Housewife." She's sneaky. See, we're supposed to think that she's really cooking and cleaning all the time like a good housewife should be doing...but guess what...SHE'S NOT. She's duped us all. See, she actually is using--brace yourself--glade plug-ins. Oh, you trickster! She had us going though.

Not only is this commercial nauseatingly cheesy, it also delays the feminist movement by about 35 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about delaying the Feminist movement; however, this brand of advertising DOES SUCK! It sucks cuz it obviously appeals to some women. And the fact that those women exist, (and may or may not teach in public schools) makes fear for my children's future.