Monday, November 3, 2008

My life as a father has reached its pinnacle...

I was driving around with my daughter, five-year-old Anna, on Saturday running errands. I had one of the best albums to come out in the last ten years playing, "Hot Fuss" by the Killers. Out of the blue, Anna tells me, "You know, dad...I think the Killers are my favorite band, and I really like that name for a band." Come on. You can't script a conversation better than that. She went on to tell me that she likes "the song about Jenny ('Jenny Was a Friend of Mine'), but 'I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier' is my very favorite song." I thought that was very endearing, not to be some over-indulgent dad, but it was nice--perhaps even blog-worthy. So I've written about this song before, but I love it so much, and it's my daughter's favorite song now... so I've embedded a pretty cool acoustic version of "All These Things That I've Done", or according to Anna, "I've Got Soul, But I'm Not Soldier". Enjoy.

1 comment:

Bop said...

dude...yer the shit man.